Sunday, May 5, 2013

05-05-2013 - 900mhz & the Kenwood TK-981


I'm fascinated by 900 and microwave frequencies.  I am new to 900 and have no equipment operating on the higher bands at this time.

Most people in the area are using Moto's for 900 and I own 2 of them.  I had read about the Kenwood TK-981 rigs and decided to give them a try.

They work well and are easy to program.

I was able to find a place where I get get into our local repeater at 927.6125 from my front balcony. I am surrounded by buildings and I am in a lower spot than what surrounds me to the North and to the East.

The repeater is located East/NE of me. I have a 200 foot tall building across the street NE of me. It's a problem for me. I found I can point a small YAGI north and get into the repeater. I have no doubts this is via reflection.

Here I am outside testing the radios and checking into the Super Sunday Niner Net.






The screen is not metal it is nylon.

Hope to hear you on 900mhz.

No comments:

Post a Comment